Following a similar tact, Angie's List just released an article titled, Why Remodeling Your Bathroom Is Always Worth It. While bathrooms are almost always at the top of the list when it comes to delivering the best return on your home remodeling investment, when we get beyond the hard dollars and cents, and apply some common sense, we find a lot of benefits (seven) that are pretty difficult to debate. Below we've summarized AL article to save our readers some time and also provide a bit of local insight from our experience as professional remodeling company based in Illinois:
1. Value: As mentioned above, few remodeling investment can impact the sale of your home as positively as a fresh bathroom transformation. Even if you're not selling at any point soon, a fresh bathroom is a valued improvement to your quality of life.
2. Longevity: A bathroom isn't something you do every few years - most of the time these updates can be measured in decades. And, as a result, when you are measuring what you get for your remodeling dollars, it will be years of improved beauty and functionality.
3. Lifestyle: While we spent some time earlier in 2018 talking about the difference between true remodeling and renovation, those who decide to actually move walls, lower countertops or install walk-in tubs are actually improving the flow and livability of their space. These changes can reflect, and enhance, changes in lifestyle that make your bathroom more unique to you.
4. Time: According to a recent American Standard survey, the average person spends the equivalent of seven days each year in the bathroom! While it may not be as much time as your bedroom, we should at least make our waking hours (and days) as inviting and comfortable as possible.
5. Storage: One of the major improvements we spend a lot of time with clients on is creating storage solutions to reduce clutter. Going back to a quality of life and the time we spend in our bathrooms, reducing clutter with simple yet effective organizing solutions is a big benefit to a bathroom remodel. What are the new ideas for organizing your bathroom? We are glad you asked!
6. Dual Sinks: While this trend is well over a decade in the making, you may still be staring at a single sink with a small countertop each morning. For new home buyers, dual sinks have become an expected update, not just a "nice to have" feature.
7. Spa-Like: A quick search on our Diamond Bath blog for the term "spa-like" brings up dozens of posts and hundreds of photos to peruse. While most people are looking for homes with an "open floor plan", it seems that same majority wants a spa-like master bathroom. Given the workload and stress of our normal day-to-day lives, it's no surprise that so many more of us want to come home to a bathroom that feels like a rewarding retreat that might include a soaking tub, heated floors, waterfall shower heads and towel warming racks.
When the time is right for a professional bathroom remodeling project that not only adds value to your home, but value to your life, call our experienced team at Diamond Bath or visit our Client Selection Center in Crystal Lake!