Earlier today we added a new video to our home page to welcome all new website visitors! The purpose of the welcome video is to quickly explain our company, our location and the amazing reputation we've established by serving the remodeling needs of homeowners in Lake and McHenry county Illinois for so many years. We spent a good portion of the one minute video showing a montage of our recent customer reviews and recent accolades from nationally-known companies like Angie's List.
But also prominently featured in the video are a series of photos of our teams. Diamond Bath employees who work both in our Crystal Lake Client Selection Center and our teams working in client homes each work day. Since the video goes by pretty quickly, we want to dedicate some time and space (below) for photos of our team members you might talk with by phone or who might be working on your new bathroom at this very minute.
If you are considering professional bathroom remodeling later in 2019, please be sure to Share our new video with other family members so they get to know us equally as well!
While we will wait until the weekend for the champagne celebrations, our entire team in Crystal Lake is excited to announce some impressive news delivered this week: Diamond Bath has been awarded the Super Service Award by Angie's List! This award for our professional remodeling work completed during 2018, represents the fifth year in a row that we've been bestowed with this honor.
For those who may not be familiar with the Angie's List awards process, only companies that meet some strict eligibility requirements are considered, which ultimately are companies who maintain an "A" overall grade rating - for recent grade and during the review period. Candidates must also be in good standing with Angie's List and undergo additional screening.
Having been partnered with Angie's List for 12 years now, and have received nearly 90 member reviews during that time, we can attest that just getting this recognition once is not an easy feat. Further, putting together a run for five years straight is truly an accomplishment we will all be highly proud for the rest of 2019! And you can count on our team to make certain that all Diamond Bath Clients are beyond satisfied with our services and treated with the utmost care so that we can share this news again at this same time in 2020!
The first time you meet with the Diamond Bath team, we all seem very inquisitive. We take the time to ask many questions to make absolutely sure that what we deliver a professionally remodeled bathroom that not only aligns with your stated goals, but also with ideas you have. To make our initial design consultation queries a little easier on future clients, we want to share the following sequence of questions, as suggested by our partners at Houzz:
1. How much time do you spend in your bathroom, include morning, afternoon and evening?
2. What is your daily routine and how does your current bathroom space hinder or slow that time spent?
3. How many people actually use the bathroom being remodeled?
4. How many more years do you plan to live in this home, or is a future resale likely?
5. Do the people most likely to use the new bathroom have any health challenges, like vision problems, balance issues or arthritis, that should be considered in our new bathroom design?
6. How important is it to have a new bathroom that is easy to clean and keep well-organized?
7. What special amenities does your new bathroom need to include? We've spent a lot of time on this subject, and suggest reading our "2019 Remodeling Resolutions" post for the top five most common requests from Illinois homeowners.
We suggest printing this post out and discussing each question with family members so that when you contact the Diamond Bath team or visit our Client Selection Center in Crystal Lake, our questions can be addressed confidently and make our mission of achieving your dream bathroom a reality in 2019!
When it comes to remodeling bathrooms, the more space you have to work with the easier it becomes to create something amazing. Master Bathrooms seem to get the most attention from homeowners since that's the bathroom they utilize most frequently. Yet, your powder room is likely to be seen by more of your friends and family, more often!
Our partners at Houzz created this wonderful gallery of "50 Picture Perfect Powder Rooms" that really should be enjoyed by anyone considering a renovation of this tiniest room in your home. This new photo gallery encouraged us to share the photos below of our recently completed Powder Room project in Johnsburg, IL. The client was thrilled with the final results and left some nice compliments for our team on our new Reviews page.
If you are now taking a second look at your powder room, be sure to ask for our complimentary "Top 10 Small Bathroom Ideas" guide from our Contact page!
Those first few days of a brand new year have us all looking forward to changes and improvements that will make our families lives better. While many new year resolutions focus on diets and exercise, we see an influx of calls from local homeowners early in January asking about meeting with us in our Crystal Lake office. Some come prepared with printed "dream Bathroom" photos or a wish list of features they want their new bathroom to include. Below we've detailed the FIVE most frequently requested improvements when remodeling a master bathroom:
1. Heated Floors: While the custom tiled bathroom trend shows no signs of stopping in 2019, one great feature for soon-to-be-tiled floors that may be overlooked is laying down a floor heating element. New systems can be controlled with a dedicated wall panel or even with your favorite smarthome hub. Take a look at this photo series from our recent heated flooring project in Campton Hills, IL - just outside of Saint Charles.
2. Shower Benches & Shower Niches: Going hand-in-hand with that new custom tiled shower is also the request for built-in shower niches and a shower bench as well. New shower niches are not only beautiful visual accent points for design, they are also functional by keeping soap, shampoo and shavers within easy reach. Be sure to read our "Shower Niche Necessity" article from 2017 and see the start of a new shower bench being constructed for a Wonder Lake, IL client earlier this month, below.
3. Expanding Bathroom Storage Space: Organizing your bathroom space can mean the difference between having a bathroom that looks like a magazine picture or having something that looks like chaos. Unlike ten or twenty years ago, in 2019 we have "appliance trays" and "divider drawers" and even old medicine cabinets have new features compared to the century past. Be sure to read our blog post from this past August to learn more about "Four Organizational Ideas for Your New Master Bathroom"!
4. Sounds Smart: We are certain that a few of you reading this early in 2019 likely received or gave a smart home hub during the holidays. Regardless of what brand or model of hub you have, odds are good we can integrate it within your new bathroom. With control of lights and towel warming racks being pretty common, probably the most poplar discussions are about smart speakers for great music, podcast listening or just getting the latest news and weather reports as you prepare for a new day. One of our favorite devices is a combination low-noise exhaust fan that has a bluetooth speaker built-in that can easily connect with your Alexa or Google home hub - details available within this past blog post.
5. Universal Design: We simply could not write a post talking about the bathroom remodeling resolutions for 2019 without talking about Universal Design. This post about a Grayslake, IL client of ours, and the before and after photo shared again below, was clearly one of our most read and shared blog posts for 2018. We sincerely hope that everyone thinking about bathroom remodeling or even renovations in the new year will spend just a few minutes considering these cost-effective facility improvements that can increase functionality for so many.
Featuring the best of bath remodeling tips