If you've never heard the term "Green Remodeling" or "Ultra-Energy-Efficient Homes", that's all likely to change dramatically over the next 18-24 months according to a recent report from the National Association of Home Builders. HomeAdvisor recently published this important article - 5 Reasons Going Green is Worth the Green - for its contractor partners, like Diamond Bath. While the remodeling company featured is based in California, we do see many of the same issues already happening here in Northern Illinois, including:
1. Demand: In the conversations we have with local homeowners every day, the topic of green building practices and sustainable homes comes up frequently. Residents seem to be as concerned about water consumption within their new bathroom or the energy efficiency of a light fixture, as they are with overall pricing and project delivery.
2. Adding It Up: As we explain to our clients, even the smallest effort to go green is worthwhile. At the end of the project if we were successful at implementing just a few new improvements to the new bathroom, that is less demand on energy and water for a decade (or more) to come. Imagine the cost savings over that decade versus the prior 10 years!
3. Our Future is Green: Every year that goes by we are seeing new rules and regulations that are eliminating wasteful devices to replace them with more energy-efficient and environmentally beneficial features. Diamond Bath is improving our remodeling consultation process to offer these green alternatives now, even before they are required by law in the future.
4. Exponential Return: While it's fairly easy for homeowner to calculate the financial savings they'll reap in the years to come, most of us do not take into account the reduced environmental impact that happens collectively. Or the simply matter that doing the "green" feels good; it's emotionally rewarding almost every time you step into your bathroom!
5. Green Gets Affordable?: While buying more energy-efficient and water saving devices has historically cost homeowners more, as this sustainable home trend continues to gain popularity in the months to come we will all see dramatic reductions in equipment expenses. Greater demand for "green" will mean increased production and lower costs to continue making it a much more competitive option for all homeowners in the future!
Contact Diamond Bath today to start the conversation about your professional bathroom remodeling project and whether establishing a more sustainable home is a priority for your family!
Featuring the best of bath remodeling tips