We were surprised to discover this morning that your local Diamond Bath blog was awarded a Top 30 Bathroom Remodeling blog! While we came in at #28 within this international competition, coordinated by Feedspot, we do appreciate the recognition and truly hope that our clients in northwest Chicagoland find our posts, pictures and Client Videos as beneficial as this team of bloggers! Thanks everyone!
During this lull just before our busy season kicks in, we receive phone calls and messages from the Diamond Bath Facebook page asking about price ranges for our bathroom remodeling services. Beyond the simple size of a bathroom, there are MANY factors that can double or even quadruple pricing depending on what each customer is looking for. This recent article "7 tips to saving money on a bathroom remodel" are all very helpful, but we see a few as KEY to making your project truly affordable. Please pay close attention to:
#2 - Keep walls where they are! Attempting to create a more "open" space within a bathroom usually means moving electrical runs, water pipes and drains too. Let us make the most of your existing space affordably by using recessed shower niches, convenient built-in shower benches and new cabinets to give you more usable storage space. To see a good example of these improvements, take a look at the "Finesse" photo in our Gallery!
#3 - Converting Tubs to Showers can be easy and affordable! To keep your transition affordable, make every effort to keep the drains and water lines in approximately the same place. Water lines can be more easily re-routed than drains, but if you can keep everything about where it is today, you'll be pleasantly surprised by this affordable home improvement!
#6 - DIY Gone Awry! There is a reason that HGTV and other networks make reality shows about homeowners attempting to do things themselves. Within a bathroom you have many possible pitfalls from electrical lighting and ventilation to water pipes and toilet drains. And we all know that kitchens and bathrooms help sell a home - to say nothing about added value. Consider your personal free-time, peace of mind, families well-being and the future resale value of your home before you pick up that hammer or wrench!
When you're ready to have your bathroom in Northern Illinois professionally remodeled, visit the Diamond Bath Contact Us page for a free in-home estimate.
We were genuinely excited to hear that Consumer Reports identified bathrooms within their "7 Top Home Improvement Trends for 2017" article posted yesterday. So imagine our disappointment when the new bathroom trend identified turned out to be a self-cleaning toilet that depending on the "features" will likely cost between $5,000 to $10,000! While we would gladly pay good money to never clean a toilet again, we might need to wait a year or ten for those UV light toilets to come down a bit in price. We were really hoping for a few good bathroom "Skills" to teach to our new Amazon Alexa devices that millions of us received this past holiday season.
So in an effort to develop our own "Five Alexa Bathroom Trends for 2017" here are a couple new options to bring your bathroom up-to-date, as well as our wish-list ideas to watch out for in the future.
1. "Alexa, turn off the master bathroom light": Light systems are already common within home automation, but the most common are single bulb solutions. We now have a couple of options that allow you to control nearly any light system using your voice and your Alexa device: Not just on and off, but light intensity as well!
2. "Alexa, play my morning playlist on Spotify" : Alexa devices can send audio (like Flash Briefings, podcasts and music playlists) to nearly any bluetooth speaker device you've paired it with. We are anxious to install this new bathroom fan and bluetooth speaker combo from Broan (SPK110 - $140) so Alexa can deliver your daily news and music within your bathroom. Broad even makes a second speaker (without the fan) for true stereo sound!
3. "Alexa, warm my bath towels" : With a wide variety of heated towel racks to choose from (we prefer Knox) you can easily install an Alexa controlled smart outlet to turn your rack on and off. We've had good success with the TP-Link Smart Plug devices ($29), apps and Alexa Skills.
4. "Alexa, tell Nuheat to warm the bathroom floor to 84" : While there are already a few different thermostat options to control the temperature of your home with an app or Alexa, we are keeping a close watch on Nuheat, a company that makes WiFi enabled thermostats for floor heating. Bathroom floor heating systems have become affordable and we install them in about 50% of the bathrooms we remodeled in 2016. Nuheat already has the iOS and Android apps to control their thermostats, so it's probably just a matter of time before they create a new skill for Alexa to heat your bathroom floor as well.
5. "Alexa, set shower to 92 degrees" : Another option on our very short "someday" wish-list is that soon you'll be able to control the temperature and intensity of your shower by voice. The only question is whether she'll be able to hear you over your shower speakers/ventilation fan!
Of course once Alexa understands all of you're new skills and temperature preferences, it will veery likely just be a matter of "Alexa, Good Morning" and your bathroom lights will turn on, your towels will warm, your favorite music will play, your floors will warm and the shower temperature and pressure will be exactly as you want it. Welcome to 2017!
If you're ready to make your professionally remodeled bathroom not just beautiful but also Alexa friendly, be sure to visit our Contact page and let us help!
While we spent time late last year promoting our new profile with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and some really glowing reviews by happy clients, Angie's List helped us get 2017 started right this week with notice that we have been awarded the Super Service Award for 2016! According to over 75 consumers reviews on our public Angie's List profile, Diamond Bath is within the Top 3% of all of professional bathroom remodeling and design companies in the Chicagoland area during 2016! This is our third consecutive year of receiving this prestigious award since we began to focus our remodeling work to only residential bathrooms five years ago. We wish to thank everyone who provided a review for our remodeling services during 2016 which helped us achieve this award again. We look forward to continuing this tradition throughout 2017 and beyond.
- Jim & Jen T.
We couldn't let November end without posting up the final "After" photos from our project in Lake Villa this month. Our photographer just sent over a dozen photos of this completed project and the very happy Jandrey family! To really appreciate the work that was done, please review the before photos by clicking this link, and to see the "in progress" photos as well, click this link. To request a visit and receive a free proposal for professional bathroom remodeling, click on the Contact Us button above!